RNase Inhibitor, recombinant, GMP Grade
from rat lung, expressed in E. coli, solution
For further processing only.
expand | collapse
RNase Inhibitor, recombinant, GMP Grade material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 04488105103 100 kU 03247058103 1.4 MU
03247058103: Will be supplied as "RNAse Inh. GMP, Blk 1.4M U/bottle". Unit of measure is "MU".
- RNase Inhibitor, recombinant, GMP Grade, is useful in any application where protection from RNA degradation by RNases is critical. These are provided in polypropylene (PP) bottles; 04488105103 is supplied in a 8 ml Nalgene PP bottle.
- Use RNase Inhibitor, recombinant, GMP Grade, to protect RNA from unwanted degradation in diagnostic and therapeutic applications:
- in vitro transcription to generate mRNA therapeutics,
- cDNA synthesis reactions,
- protection of RNA during RNA isolation.
RNase Inhibitor, recombinant, GMP Grade, is a protein of 50kD that inhibits enzymatic activity of RNases by noncovalently binding to the active site.
Activity: A minimum of 1 mmol/L DTT is required to maintain the inhibitor in its active state; a pH value between 5.0 and 9.0 is recommended (isoelectric point is at pH 4.7).
Inactivation: At temperatures >+65°C or under severe denaturing conditions the inhibitory activity disappears. Appearance: Clear, colorless solution
Volume activity (with cCMP/RNAse A): > 40 x 103 U/mL
Specific activity: ≥80 kU/mg protein
Storage buffer: Hepes-KOH, 20 mmol/L; KCl, 50 mmol/L; Glycerol, 50% (v/v); DTT, 5 mmol/L; pH approximately 7.6
Unit definition: One unit RNase Inhibitor, recombinant, GMP Grade, is defined as the amount that inhibits 50% of the activity of 5 ng RNase A (activity measured according to Blackburn by inhibition of hydrolysis of cyclic cytidine-monophosphoric acid).
Purity (SDS PAGE): >95%
Bioburden: <50 CFU/mL
DNA content: <100 pg/mg protein
Unspecific nucleases (up to 400 U using MWM III-DNA/1 h/37°C): Not detectable.
Nicking activity (up to 400 U using pBR 322-DNA/1 h/37°C): Not detectable.
RNase activity (up to 400 U using MS 2-RNA/1 h/37°C): Not detectable
RNase activity after thermal inactivation (10 min/65°C): Not detectable up to 160 U using MS 2-RNA/1 h/37°C
Performance test on Titan-kit (Ident-no: 11 939 823): Corresponds to specification
Performance test on LightCycler® (PBGD system): Corresponds to specification
Stability: At -15 to -25°C within specification range for 24 months.