KAPA Express Extract
For further processing only.
expand | collapse
KAPA Express Extract material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 08041253001 1000 reactions
Fast and simple extraction of DNA for short PCR workflows in combination with PCR inhibitor-resistant DNA Masters.
DNA extraction kit includes protease mix and extraction buffer.
- Shorten the time to prepare your sample. A fast and simple protocol allows you to have the DNA PCR-ready in 15 minutes.
- Be flexible. The kit works with a variety of sample types.
- Reduce risk of contamination. Work only with single-tube reactions.
- Extraction of PCR-ready DNA from, but not limited to, the following sample types:
- Human tissue (FFPE samples; blood collected in EDTA tubes or on collection cards; buccal swabs; hair follicles; forensic samples)
- Animal samples (ear or tail clippings; hair follicles; blood; bone marrow; dried or fresh tissue from mouse and other mammals)
- Fish tissues (fin punches; fresh tissue; cold and hot smoked canned samples; ethanol-preserved samples)
- Insects (crushed)
- Bird feathers (calamus fragments)
KAPA Express Extract gives best results when used together with PCR inhibitor-resistant DNA Masters such as KAPA2G Robust HotStart ReadyMix or KAPA3G HotStart Master.
Note: KAPA Express Extract is not suitable for DNA extraction from plants; for plant PCR applications, the KAPA3G Plant PCR Kit (08 041 091 001) is recommended.
KAPA Express Extract is a thermostable protease and buffer system that allows for the extraction of PCR-ready DNA from various tissue types in as little as 15 minutes. It is designed for optimal tissue lysis and sample preservation. Unlike protocols that rely on proteinase K digestion, DNA extractions with KAPA Express Extract are conveniently performed in a single tube, without the need for hazardous chemicals and multiple washing steps. This greatly reduces the risk of sample loss and contamination.
Volume activity: 1 U/μL
Tests for the presence of contaminating nucleic acids
(E.coli and related strains genomic DNA, 411 bp 16S rRNA fragment, <50 fg/μL): Corresponds to specification
(human genomic DNA, 290 bp b-actin fragment, <0.5 pg/μL): Corresponds to specification