KAPA2G Robust HotStart PCR Kit
mutant from Thermus aquaticus, expressed in E. coli, plus 5x reaction buffer
For further processing only.
KAPA2G Robust HotStart PCR Kit material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 08041121001 5000 U
Antibody-mediated hot start 2nd generation mutant of Taq with improved inhibitor resistance.
The kit contains 2 vials of an antibody-mediated hot start DNA polymerase and all buffers necessary to optimize the amplification reaction.
- Make your PCR work even with crude samples. KAPA2G Robust shows a high tolerance to inhibitor carry-over and allows you to work with crude samples (e.g. FFPE).
- Simplify your PCR workflow for difficult samples. Work under the same protocols with GC- and AT-rich targets.
- Amplification of DNA fragments up to 3 kb in PCR assays from a wide variety of templates. Particularly suited for:
- Assays which perform poorly with wild-type Taq
- Amplification of DNA fragments with high GC- or AT-content
- Amplification from template samples that contain PCR inhibitors (e.g. salts, urea, SDS, ethanol, EDTA) at concentrations that inhibit wild-type Taq
- Amplification from crude samples, e.g. colony PCR, or PCR from crude extracts, such as those prepared using KAPA Express Extract.
The second-generation KAPA2G Robust HotStart DNA Polymerase was evolved to solve inconsistent amplification across a broad range of amplicon types (GC- and AT-rich). It enables higher processivity and specific activity, which translates to robust PCR performance, high sensitivity, and improved tolerance to common inhibitors. The high performance of the KAPA2G Robust HotStart DNA Polymerase is ideally suited for challenging PCR applications and difficult samples, eliminating the need for optimization using multiple enzymes and protocols.
Volume activity: 5 U/μL
Unspecific endonucleases (plasmid DNA): Not detectable after 8 hours incubation at 37°C.
Exonucleases (λ DNA): Not detectable after 8 hours incubation at 37°C.
Tests for the presence of contaminating nucleic acids
(E. coli and related strains genomic DNA, 411 bp 16S rRNA fragment, <50 fg/μL): Corresponds to specification
(human genomic DNA, 290 bp b-actin fragment, <0.5 pg/μL): Corresponds to specification
Performance test (≥ 1 ng DNA): Corresponds to specification