M-MLV Reverse Transcriptase, GMP Grade
from Moloney Murine Leukemia Virus, expressed in E. coli
For further processing only.
expand | collapse
M-MLV Reverse Transcriptase, GMP Grade material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 04707486103 200 kU
The enzyme is supplied without reaction buffer.
- M-MLV Reverse Transcriptase for preparation of full-length cDNA with high efficiency.
- Use M-MLV Reverse Transcriptase for synthesis of cDNA from total RNA or mRNA for:
- Two-step RT-PCR applications for amplification from RNA targets
- RT-PCR for detection of viral RNA
- TMA and NASBA nucleic acid amplification methods
- Synthesis of full-length cDNA for libraries or cloning
- Rapid amplification of cDNA end (RACE)
- Manufacture of amplification mixtures for applications with regulatory requirements (e.g., in vitro diagnostics, quality control)
M-MLV Reverse Transcriptase, GMP Grade, is highly processive and generates full length cDNA with high efficiency. It has a lower RNase H activity than AMV Reverse Transcriptase and lacks endonuclease activity.
Enzyme activities: RNA-dependent DNA polymerase, DNA-dependent DNA polymerase, low RNase H activity, no endonuclease activity
Recommended reaction temperature: +37°C
Substrates: Incorporates dNTP, ddNTP, dUPT, various labeled or modified nucleotides
Divalent ion requirement: Mg2+ Appearance: Clear, colorless solution
Storage buffer: Tris/HCl, 25 mmol/L; NaCl, 100 mmol/L; DTT, 10 mmol/L; EDTA, 0.1 mmol/L; Triton X-100, 0.01% (v/v); glycerol, 50% (v/v); pH approximately 7.5
Volume activity: 200-300 U/μL
Specific activity: ≥100 kU/mg protein
Unit definition: One unit M-MLV Reverse Transcriptase, GMP Grade, is defined as the amount of enzyme which incorporates 1 nmol of [3H]TMP into an acid insoluble product in 10 minutes at +37°C with poly(A)x(dT)15 as substrate.
Purity (SDS PAGE): ≥90%
Unspecific endonucleases (MWM III DNA): Not detectable in up to 100 U after 16 hours incubation at +37°C.
Nicking activity (pBR322 DNA): Not detectable in up to 100 U after 16 hours incubation at +37°C.
Ribonucleases (MS2 RNA): Not detectable in up to 200 U after 1 hour incubation at +37°C.
Bioburden: ≤50 CFU/mL
Animal-derived additives: None
Stability: At -15 to -25°C within specification range for 12 months.