Transcriptor Reverse Transcriptase
recombinant, expressed in E. coli
For customers in the European Economic Area: Contains SVHC: octyl/nonylphenol ethoxylates. For further processing on its own or in a mixture as part of an IVD method and under controlled conditions only – acc. to Art. 56 (3) and 3 no. 23 REACH Regulation.
Transcriptor Reverse Transcriptase material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 03531252103 custom fill
The enzyme is supplied without reaction buffer.
- Transcriptor Reverse Transcriptase is the robust recombinant reverse transcriptase with thermostability up to +60°C, for transcription of RNA fragments up to 14 kb in two-step RT-PCR applications.
- Use Transcriptor Reverse Transcriptase for synthesis of cDNA from total RNA or mRNA for:
- Two-step RT-PCR applications using conventional thermal cyclers or real-time PCR instruments
- RT-PCR for detection of viral RNA
- TMA and NASBA nucleic acid amplification methods
- Synthesis of full-length cDNA up to 14 kb for libraries or cloning
- Rapid amplification of cDNA end (RACE)
Transcriptor Reverse Transcriptase offers higher thermostability compared to the native forms of AMV or M-MLV reverse transcriptase, allowing higher temperatures for reverse transcription, achieving high performance with GC-rich RNA fragments and difficult secondary structures.
Enzyme activities: RNA-dependent DNA polymerase, DNA-dependent DNA polymerase, unwinding activity, RNase H (degrading RNA in RNA:DNA hybrids)
Recommended reaction temperature: +42 to +65°C
Substrates: Incorporates dNTP, ddNTP, dUPT, various labeled or modified nucleotides
Divalent ion requirement: Mg2+ Appearance: Clear, colorless solution
Storage buffer: Potassium phosphate, 200 mmol/L; DTT, 2 mmol/L; Triton X-100, 0.2% (v/v); glycerol, 50% (v/v), pH approximately 7.2
Volume activity: ≥20 U/μL
Specific activity: ≥50 kU/mg protein
Unit definition: One unit Transcriptor Reverse Transcriptase is defined as the amount of enzyme which incorporates 1 nmol of [3H]TMP into an acid insoluble product in 10 minutes at +37°C with poly(A)x(dT)15 as substrate.
Purity (SDS PAGE): ≥90%
Unspecific endonucleases (MWM III DNA): Not detectable in up to 25 U after 16 hours incubation at +37°C.
Nicking activity (pBR322 DNA): Not detectable in up to 25 U after 16 hours incubation at +37°C.
Ribonucleases (MS2 RNA): Not detectable in up to 40 U after 4 hours incubation at +37°C.
Function test in RT-PCR (human skeletal muscle total RNA, 10 kb dystrophin gene fragment): Corresponds to reference
Function test in real-time RT-qPCR using the LightCycler® instrument (PBGD gene fragment from RNA standards): Corresponds to reference
Animal-derived additives: None
Stability: At -15 to -25°C within specification range for 12 months.