1 mM solution
For further processing only.
expand | collapse
Biotin-16-ddUTP material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 11431692103 custom fill
- Biotin-labeled nucleotides are used for the efficient generation of biotinylated targets which can be subsequently captured using streptavidin coated solid phases or detected by streptavidin conjugates.
- Biotin-16-ddUTP is used as a substrate for:
- Terminal Transferase
- DNA polymerase I (holoenzyme and Klenow fragment)
- T4 DNA polymerase
- Taq DNA polymerase and reverse transcriptase (e.g.,Transcriptor)
The biotin-labeled oligonucleotide can be used as a hybridization probe for:
- DNA and RNA transfers
- Colony and plaque screening
- In situ hybridization
The labeled oligomer can be subsequently detected by ELISA using the Streptavidin-AP conjugate for nucleic acid detection.
Oligonucleotides are enzymatically labeled at their 3' end with Terminal Transferase by incorporation of a single biotin-labeled dideoxyuridine-triphosphate (biotin-ddUTP).
Molecular weight: 955.5 D Appearance: Clear, colorless solution
Biotin-16-ddUTP (1 μmol ≙ 10.7 A240 units, phosphate buffer, 0.1 mol/L, pH 7.0): 1.0-1.1 mmol/L
Purity (HPLC): 85.0-100.0 area%
Function test using DIG Oligonucleotide 3'-End-Labeling Kit, 2nd generation (DIG is replaced by Biotin-16-ddUTP): Corresponds to reference
Stability: At -15 to -25°C within specification range for 24 months.