from Carica papaya, suspension
For further processing only.
expand | collapse
Papain material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 10154644103 custom fill
Papain can be used for complete proteolytic cleavage of peptides and proteins.
Papain is a cysteine endopeptidase, hydrolyzing proteins, peptides, amides, and esters of amino acids and peptides, especially at bonds involving Arg, Lys, Glu, His, Gly and Tyr. Upon prolonged incubation, further bonds are cleaved; shows also esterase and transamidase activity, and is used for peptide synthesis.
- Increase the safety of your processes with reproducible performance and high lot-to-lot consistency.
- Use Papain for:
- Complete proteolytic cleavage of peptides and proteins
- Limited hydrolysis of native immunoglobulins
- Tissue dissociation (together with collagenase, esterase, trypsin)
- Solubilization of integral membrane proteins
- Production of glycopeptides from purified proteoglycans
Molecular weight: 23 kD ±2
Appearance: White suspension
pH value (c=10 mg/mL): 4.0-5.0
Specific activity (+25°C, BAEE): ≥20 U/mg protein
Protein (A280, 1%=24): ≥10 mg/mL
Stability: At + 2 to +8°C within specification range for 12 months.