CMP-N-Acetylneuraminic Acid (CMP-NANA)
sodium salt, lyophilizate
For further processing only.
CMP-N-Acetylneuraminic Acid (CMP-NANA) material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 05974003103 custom fill
CMP-N-Acetylneuraminic Acid is an activated sugar, and can be used for in vitro glycoengineering of glycoproteins, e.g. therapeutic proteins.
CMP-NANA is a sodium salt, provided as a white, lyophilized substance.
Benefits of using in vitro glycoengineering to modify glycosylation of therapeutic proteins:
- Time- and cost-saving generation of glycan variants to develop improved drugs
- Optimized glycosylation without compromising other CQAs or product yield
- Improved lot-to-lot consistency to reduce risk of product quality variation and resulting delays
- Generation of glycoprofiles which may not otherwise be generated
- Streamlined analytics in comparability studies
- Incubation of CMP-NANA and α-2,6-Sialyltansferase or α-2,3-Sialyltansferase with a glycoprotein leads to increased sialylation of the glycoprotein.
Molar mass: 659.39 g/mol
On request, product can be provided free of animal-derived components and in GMP Grade. Appearance: White, lyophilized substance
Solution (c = 100 mg/mL water): Clear, colorless
CMP-NANA-Na2 (A260 ε=7.4 [L x mmol-1 x cm-1]): ≥87%
CMP-NANA (HPLC): ≥90 area%
CMP-NANA + CMP (HPLC): ≥95 area%
Na (flame photometric): 6-8%
Water (K. Fischer): ≤8%
Heavy metals (as Pb): ≤25 ppm (in validation)
CMP (HPLC): ≤10 area%
CDP (HPLC): ≤1 area%
CTP (HPLC): ≤0.5 area%
Sialic acid (free and dehydrated): ≤10 area%
Sum of unknown impurities (HPLC): ≤1 area%
Bioburden: ≤100 CFU/g
Stability: At -15 to -25°C within specification range for 24 months.
78:The sale of the Product does not exhaust or grant any rights in third party patents including patents of companies of the F. Hoffmann - La Roche AG group of companies, in particular, for the use of modified antibodies obtained by using the product.